Monday 5 October 2015

100 Reviews!!

Yeah! Today I am celebrating the fact that I have written 100 reviews!

I am thankful to God for giving me the strength, ability and patience to achieve this milestone.  I am also thankful for family and friends who have encouraged me on my book review journey.

I distinctly remember when I first started to write these book reviews back in April 2013. I had approached my writing as just a hobby at the time. I only started to take it seriously a year later.
Kudos also go to the staff at Readers Favorite for putting up with me!

So, I have achieved this feat before Xmas. Ironically, the next book I reviewed is entitled Done By Christmas.

Kobo Inc.This post is therefore celebrating my achievement   as well as publicizing my review of this Christian book by Randall Jarmon.  I gave it 4 stars. It is filled with action and is really a good read. Read my analysis below:-

Done by Christmas is a delightful story based on an acclaimed criminal Victor Taggert and his personal vendetta against Abigail West.  Victor had one of his operations intercepted by Abigail’s business known as Abigail West Security Services.  As a result, Victor was convicted and sentenced to prison. Since then, Victor vowed to kill Abigail because she was bad for his “bad” business and his incarceration.   Author Randall Jarmon also revealed the inner workings of Abigail West Security Services as well as the interpersonal relationships among its employees.  Integral to the plot is the introduction of Logan Blake to the security firm.  This bright intern becomes an important ally for the firm especially in terms of protecting Abigail and her team members form Victor’s numerous attacks.  The budding relationship between Logan the “Geek Boy” and Amanda, Abigail’s daughter is an added bonus. 

Done by Christmas is a fast paced tale filled with suspense at every turn.  The story begins showcasing a speedy chase between Victor Taggert and the police which the author deftly uses to reveal the intellectual precision of Victor's mind. The entire plot was developed exceptionally well with unexpected twists that truly take you by surprise.  The use of contrast and the element of surprise is very effective and gripping, which really draws the reader in and makes them engrossed in the story.  I recommend this book to all readers who love a suspense novel.

Reviewed by Valerie Rouse for Readers Favorite
50% Off Select Filtration Systems

Alloy Apparel

blog directoryRSS Search

No comments :

Post a Comment