Monday 22 June 2015

93 and Counting



Mead.com In a nutshell, I have actually completed 93 reviews so far.  I had promised myself that I would publish my blog to celebrate the 100th review.  Well, I was a bit early! What might surprise readers is that I was never in the habit of counting the reviews after completing them.  I just used to get in the groove of reading the book and writing my analysis.

Two years ago, I had made the first attempt to create the blog but I couldn't get it done.  I was saying to myself that this thing was too hard - you know looking for excuses and such.  I didn't know how to format the template and such like and I gave up. In 2015, I just went and tried again and it was so easy like squeezy.

  Writing my third review was quite easy too.  It was completed in February 2014.  It was based on another christian book by Daphne Tarango entitled Dragonflies, Ketchup, and Late-Night Phone Calls.  It is a 31 day journal revealing God's blessings.  Here is my review:-


Dragonflies, Ketchup and Late-Night Phone Calls: 31 Days of Journaling God’s Blessings is a delightful collection of innermost prayers to God. These prayers are chock-full of praises to God for all situations, occurrences, and material possessions in life. These prayers are dedicated to each day of the month and are preceded by Biblical passages. This daily journal is constructed with a section for readers to habitually jot down their “thank yous” to God for each portion of the day - morning, mid-day, evening, and bedtime. Ms. Tarango encourages her readers to have an attitude of thankfulness to the Creator at all times. In essence, this book is a reminder that each person is dependent on God for his or her existence. Even the little things like ketchup and phone calls that are taken for granted can be important to someone.



Ms. Tarango has a knack of grabbing your attention, beginning with the title of her book! It immediately draws you in and makes you wonder what she is referring to. This entices the reader to go on reading. I like the fact that the style of the book resembles a personal ode to God. This rich outpouring of gratitude to God satisfies the soul. This is the first prayer book I have read that gently persuades the reader to do as the Bible says - pray without ceasing. It is very engaging and I was compelled to read a few chapters at one go instead of one prayer a day. It inspires you and keeps your spirits in a buoyant mood, regardless of your personal situation. Dragonflies, Ketchup and Late-Night Phone Calls: 31 Days of Journaling God’s Blessings is a brilliant, uplifting piece of literature.


Reviewed by  for Readers' Favorite 



 

Overton'sSitewide-SGP 336x280

No comments :

Post a Comment